That’s right, kids – it’s NYWC Day and it’s official because Aaron Zimmerman, Nancy Weber and Marty Markowitz say so. So there.
Now, what are you going to do about it? I’ll tell you what you’re going to do about it. One of these awesome Top 5 Friday 5 things. Or none, and then simply we won’t be friends ever again.
Top Five Ways to Celebrate NYWC Day
1. Join the crowd. Hop on the 7 train, the Staten Island Ferry, the Coney Island Boardwalk or the steps of Borough Hall for one of the ten totally free workshops going on today around the city. We’ll provide the pen and paper; all you gotta do is show up!
2. Lead a workshop of one. That’s right. Be as kind, supportive and snark-free as an NYWC leader as you set aside 10 minutes today to give one of these great Narrator prompts a go. Then, when you’re done, only focus on what you like and what works. Then you can go back to kicking puppies or whatever it it is you do.
3. Tweet us. We like that. You’ll find us on the Tweetscape as @NYWriters. Just be warned: we will tweet back.
4. Talk about us to your coffee guy. I do this all the time. Also to the apple man. He seems to dig it.You know, even if you’re not talking about us, talk about something. In fact…:
5. Talk about anything to anyone. It’s incredible how the world opens when you welcome it. You’ll be gathering material, too, for your next writing session. So yes, talk to people. Strangers. Like those crazies you’re bound to see, notebooks in hand, all over the city today. Talk to them. Grab a pen. Jump in. And have fun.
How are you celebrating NYWC today? Chime in with a comment and share, you beautiful unique snowflakes of time management, you!